Monday, January 23, 2006

voting day

This morning jgood picked me up from my place.. and took me to the polling station. I had left my card at home, but he tells me my ID will be enough. I had my ID.

We walked into the building... Appparently he himself doesn't vote there and was there just to make sure I would vote. I got to the first table, with my ID in hand. I showed them my ID. But I had no address on me. Then they thought, hey, if she has a voucher, then she can vote here. They called all the big shots over to discuss the matter of how I would get to vote. I said jgood could vouch, and they asked if he knew where I lived, and yes he does.

But.. turns out since he wasn't in the same place to vote, he was not allowed to vouch for me. Hmm... They decided I should go home and get address identification. Me? I said something along the lines of Ok, i'll go home to pick up that card.

*DING!* You're registered in this riding? Yes.. I left my card at home but I thought ID would be ok... They looked me up in the binder and sure enough there I was! And they told me where to go, and I got to vote.

What a weird weird thing... Damn I felt like I was in trouble and stupid because I wasn't allowed to vote in the beginning!

No comments: